Each year we try to do a mock draft, not just because we love football, but because we're part of the fabric of the downtown Jacksonville, Tampa, and Charlotte communities. This year, we took a little more time to wait out the combine and make sure most things were solidified before we came up with our predictions. So without any further ado, here is the 2017 Mad Men Marketing NFL Mock Draft.
1. Cleveland - Myles Garrett DE Garrett's feats of athleticism coupled with his good build will make this pick a lock regardless of whether or not Warren Sapp thinks he's lazy.
2. San Francisco - Solomon Thomas DE There are some people that are as excited about this pick as the one before it.
3. Chicago - Malik Hooker S We actually have no idea who this will be, and it almost certainly won't be a safety, but our head was spinning. What do you get the team that needs everything?
4. Jacksonville - Leonard Fournette RB In an ideal situation, this would be a strong offensive lineman draft class, but it's not so the Jags put the cart before the horse and draft an elite RB.
5. Tennessee - John Ross WR You can't teach speed. That's why Ross goes here.
6. New York Jets - Mitchell Trubisky QB Trubisky seems like the kind of eventual bust the Jets are fond of selecting.
7. San Diego - O.J. Howard TE Gates is getting old. Let him spend his twilight teaching the new kid how to become a Pro Bowl tight end.
8. Carolina - Dalvin Cook RB They need a RB and the best one is gone, but Cook's a heck of a consolation prize and could end up being the best of the bunch.
9. Cincinnati - Jonathan Allen DL We have him falling further than most people due to shoulder concerns, but what if you paired him with that Bengals interior line? Interesting...
10. Buffalo - Jamal Adams S Poor Jamal Adams... in this draft he'll be spending some cold months in snowy Buffalo as their box safety.
11. New Orleans - Mike Williams WR Now that Colston is gone, the ageless Drew Brees needs a big body with jumping ability to throw the ball to.
12. Cleveland - Deshone Kizer QB There has been talk about him being the best QB, but the same can be said of the top 3 QBs available.
13. Arizona - Deshaun Watson QB Carson Palmer and his top receiving threat are both over the hill. Time for a new man under center.
14. Philadelphia - Corey Davis WR Kinda' sounds like an Eagle doesn't he?
15. Indianapolis - Reuben Foster LB Despite his issues at the combine, the Colts need a guy like this.
16. Baltimore - David Njoku TE The top 2 TEs could be really good. Baltimore would do well to grab Njoku if he's here.
17. Washington - Cam Robinson OT With a guy that slings the ball around for 5,000 yards a year, you've got to protect him.
18. Tennessee - Charles Harris OLB Honestly, no idea who Charles Harris is, but a lot of people seem to like him in this spot. Congratulations, Charles.
19. Tampa Bay - Christian McCaffrey RB With the top 2 RBs off the board early, teams scramble to get the last "sure thing" and take McCaffrey.
20. Denver - Ryan Ramczyk OT This guy has tremendous talent and technique. Just kidding, never heard of him. Hope he's good though.
21. Detroit - Taco Charlton DE Saw this guy play in person and love everything about him, plus the marketing opportunities are endless. Good thing his parents didn't name him "Me gusta comida Mexicana".
22. Miami - Forrest Lamp OG The highest rated guard from the lowly Western Kentucky Hilltoppers goes to the Dolphins.
23. New York Giants - Garett Bolles OT Congratulations to the Giants for drafting this far in the draft. Your reward... this guy.
24. Oakland - Haason Reddick LB - Oakland's putting together quite a little team. It would be nice to pair this guy with Mack for a sack attack that puts QBs on their back.
25. Houston - Patrick Mahomes QB - The Texans haven't had a QB since Matt Schaub. They need one.
26. Seattle - Tre'Davious White CB - The Seahawks have never been an offense first kind of team. Looks like the defense will continue to get good players here.
27. Kansas City - Chidobe Awuzie CB - The real reason we slotted him here is because his name reminded us of Tamba Hali and decided they need another guy with a cool name.
28. Dallas - Quincy Wilson CB - Could this be the year the Cowboys take a decent cover corner?
29. Green Bay - T.J. Watt OLB - If Watt added some weight to his frame, he may be worthy to wield Mjolnir..... we mean worthy of the name Watt.
30. Pittsburgh - Jarrad Davis LB - No Lawrence Timmons means the Steelers begin rebuilding at linebacker.
31. Atlanta - Adoree' Jackson CB - The Bellville, IL native goes to the Falcons who have historically loved athletic corners.
32. New Orleans - Takkarist McKinley DE - Not sure he'll fall this far, but the Saints would have to be stoked. Teach the guy some technique and he's off to the races!
Tagged as 2017 nfl mock draft,carolina panthers,dalvin cook,deshaun watson,jacksonville advertising agency,jacksonville jaguars,jalen adams,jonathan allen,leonard fournette,mad men marketing,malik hooker,nfl mock draft,tamba bay buccaneeers